20 Facts You Need to Know About Armenia
- Area 29,743 sq km.
- Flag – a rectangular panel with three equal stripes of red and blue, and orange
- Capital – Yerevan
- Language – the national language of Armenia , Armenian, but almost the entire population of free fall apart in Russian,
- The state structure – an independent, democratic constitutional state . The head of state – the president , who is elected for a term of 5 years , is endowed with greater powers , is the guarantor of the country’s independence , territorial values and security.
- The highest legislative body – the National Assembly, elected for a term of 4 years
- Population – 3,266,400 (in 2011 )
- Currency – Armenian Dram. Loose Change currency is called ” Lum “
- The oldest church in Armenia , Echmiadzin Cathedral . Cathedral of about 1,712 years.
- The best place to see Mount Ararat is the Khor Virap
- A large variety you can find on the opening day – Open outdoor trade fair
- Transport: The best means of transportation is a rented car. The best company – car rental in Armenia ” Naniko “
Check more about Yerevan.